8 FEB 2015
Ketagalan Blvd, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan 100
- Standard Chartered Bank won the “Gold Award of Sports Promoter Awards” sponsorship category from Sports Administration, Ministry of Education on 3rd September.
- The “Standard Chartered Visually Impaired Employment Advisory Council” has worked together with its NGO partners - Parents’ Association for the Visually Impaired, Eden Social Welfare Foundation, Institute for the Blind of Taiwan and Technology Development Association for the Disable - to provide training and find employment for more than 100 visually impaired workers.
- Besides the record-breaking number of 200 visually impaired runners, 200 running buddies and 3 guide dogs, Standard Chartered Bank has provided an opportunity for visually impaired people to work as helpers and photographers and by doing this to network with the public and demonstrate their capabilities of doing diversified works at the event
- 3800 Standard Chartered employees as well as their family members have voluntarily enrolled in the race as either running buddies for the visually impaired or cheering leaders.
- Vice President of ROC, Wu Duyn-yi, and Speakers of Legislative Yuan, Wang Jin-ping once again as the honorable guests to flag off the starter for Marathon, Half Marathon and 8.5K Run.
- After creating a race category specifically for children, the Kids Dash, an additional 750 families enrolled for the race.
- 36,000 people from 43 different nationalities enrolled in the “2014 Taipei Standard Chartered Charity Marathon” held on 23rd February. The finishing point of the race is in Da-jia River Side Park and it is the first Marathon in Taiwan with different starting and finishing points.
- On 09th January, the Bank announced the donation through the Marathon to promote welfare for the visually impaired. The donation will be used to support local visually impaired employment projects and to prevent and cure blindness world-wide through
1. Marathon (42.195KM)
Ketagalan Boulevard (Start) → Zhongshan S. Rd. → Zhongshan N. Rd. Sec. 1 to 3 → Bei An Rd. → Mingshui Rd. → Lequan 1st Rd. → Tiding Blvd. → MacArthur No. 2 Bridge → MacArthur No. 2 Bridge Ramp to Jiankang Rd. → Left U-turn at Jiankang Rd. → Left turn at Tayou Rd. → Right turn at Guanshan Evacuation Gate (Keelung River Gate No. 5) → Access bridge ramp to MacArthur Bridge No. 1 and cross the Keelung River → Caihong Riverside Park → Meidi Riverside Park → Yuanshan Riverside Park → Turnaround beneath the Chengde Bridge → Yuanshan Riverside Park → Meidi Riverside Park → Caihong Riverside Park → Chengmeiyouan Riverside Park → Turnaround at Changshou Evacuation Gate (Keelung River Gate No. 12) → Chengmeiyouan Riverside Park→ Access bridge ramp to MacArthur Bridge No. 1 and cross the Keelung River → Guanshan Riverside Park → Yingfeng Riverside Park → Finish in front of the Dazhi Bridge.
2. Half-Marathon (21.0975KM)
Ketagalan Boulevard (Start) → Zhongshan S. Rd. → Zhongshan N. Rd. Sec. 1 to 3 → Bei An Rd. → Mingshui Rd. → Lequan 1st Rd. →Tiding Blvd. → Turn beneath Minchuan Bridge and access the Huandong Bridge → Huandong Elevated Viaduct → Turnaround at Cheng Kung Bridge → Huandong Elevated Viaduct → Right turn onto MacArthur Bridge No. 2 → Get off MacArthur Bridge No. 2 at Jiankang Rd. → Left turn at Tayou Rd. → Right turn at Tayou Evacuation Gate (Keelung River Gate No. 6) → Guanshan Riverside Park → Yingfeng Riverside Park → Finish in front of the Dazhi Bridge.
3. 8KM Open Race
Ketagalan Boulevard (Start) → Jenai Rd. Sec. 1 to 2 → Left turn at Jinshan S. Rd. → Access onto the Xinsheng Elevated Viaduct Expressway (South to North direction) → Turnaround at Zhongshan N. Rd. Intersection → Xinsheng Elevated Viaduct Expressway (Nouth to Sorth direction) → Get off at Binjiang Street Access Ramp and turn left onto Binjiang Street → Left turn at Lin An Tai Evacuation Gate (Keelung River Gate No. 10) → Finish in front of the Dazhi Bridge.
4. Fun Run / Kids Dash (3KM)
DaJia Riverside Park (Start) → Zhongshan Bridge (turnaraound) → Bike paths to the finish at DaJia Riverside Park.