17 JAN 2015
Gardens By The Bay
Run For Light is an initiative to create a community to support one another and to contribute towards a common goal of helping the less fortunate. Be among the limited few to be invited for the blindfold walk to support the visually impaired individuals.
Light is always associates with words like 'innovation', 'philanthropy', 'leading', 'inspiration', 'well-being', 'joy', 'hope', 'relax', 'connectivity', 'bright' and 'future' and our event will establish a strong following for our sponsors that will translate to customers thinking of them whenever they need LIGHT; for the next 3 years rather than just a one-off run event similar to those in the market.
Be a leading LIGHT in the industry or as an individual and join us to spread this light.
Run for Light empowers and supports the less fortunate community by helping to create enough awareness for the association or community to raise fund through the event and to raise their own fund in subsequent years. Beyond the charitable cause of giving back to the society, Run for Light strives to provide an unique experience for the event participants through different concepts every year and be the conduit linking up our sponsors with their targeted market segments.
A Fun Run for a Visionary Cause
The event starts with the dog park pre-run activities from 5pm. Only pet owners who have registered for the Dog Walk 2015 will be able to participate and walk their dogs at Gardens by the Bay East. Enjoy a relaxing day out and activities with your pets.
The distance is less than 1km and takes around 20-30mins to complete.
At the end point, there will be two contests for the participants and your pets.
After which, the participants and the pets can relax at a designated area for pets and enjoy the evening under the sky.
A goodie bag for your pet will be provided with each Dog Walk 2015 registration (worth more than $82). Registration is based on per pet for each sign up.
The main 5km fun and visionary run/walk will flag off at 6.30pm by guest of honor. Spread over four different zones, it will give participants insights into the lives led by the blind. Runners will start the race in zone 1 and 50 pairs of participants who have opted for the blindfolded walk will be led by the GDAB guide dog teams and our race ambassadors on a designated lane. The rest of the participants will proceed with their run/walk and have the opportunity to witness and cheer for the guide dog teams and the blindfolded walk’ participants. The blindfolded walk will end when the participants reached Zone 2.
There will be opportunities to have fun along Zone 2 where the participants can enjoy the beautiful backdrop of MBS and flyers on top of the marina barrage and enjoy selfie-taking at designated spots.
Participants will then make their way through a darkened area at Zone 3 (to experience the feel of not able to see clearly) before finishing the run along a well-lit path along Zone 4.
And don't skip the event just because panting through 5km doesn’t appeal to you or is not challenging enough. Join us for the post-run party, with live music from Superfly etc. Remember not to miss out the delicious food and beverage that you could purchase from Hard Rock Cafe and other delicacies by participating merchants.?
Run for Light 2015
|Individual||SGD 48.00||SGD 58.00||SGD 68.00|
|Category||5km fun and novelty run|
Dog Walk 2015 Registration
|Category||Dog Walk 2015, part of the pre-run event
(Start at 5pm – 80 tickets only)
Your race pack* (worth more than S$1,000) and includes:
- Event Running Tee from Compressport (worth $38)
- Finisher Medal upon completion of the 5km run
- Event Race Guide - softcopy
- Finisher certificate – softcopy
- Race band
- $20 off your first ride with UberX or UberExec
- $24 off your purchase of LED Lenser from TheGadgetHome
- Free copy of RUN Singapore’s Digital edition (worth $4.80)
- Complimentary choice of a Slimming/Face Retreat/Body Relax from Sure Solution (worth $688)
- Complimentary Hair Growth Scalp Peeling Treatment from Sassy Hair (Worth $290)
- Complimentary Body Wellness Spa Retreat of Dermal Pearl Facial 75mins or Rosehip Facial 75mins (worth: ala-carte $180)
- Complimentary Pain Management Consultation (worth $80) or Acoustic Wave Therapy at $48 (U.P. $128) from Pain Free Lab
- Complimentary Shou Tummy Trim or LPG Treat 30mins (worth $148)
- Up to 70% Discount for Sapwell product, $25 off the Alkaline Stick and $45 off the Alkaline Water Pitcher (worth $70)
- Discount Voucher for Compressport and Pro-Tec merchandises
- Storewide Discount Voucher for Zalora
- Discount Voucher for Rakuten
- Discount voucher for Orange Tags
- Discount Voucher for Van Lee Fitness
- Other sponsored items
Dog Walk 2015 – race pack* (worth more than $82) and includes:
- Hill’s Ideal Balance Cash voucher
- Hill’s Ideal Balance Dog food sample
- Hill’s Pet Owners guide
- Hill’s Bandana
- Hill’s membership gift pack with free sign up of Hill’s membership during race day
- FirstMate voucher
- FirstMate Dog Can food
- One copy of PETS magazine
- Other sponsors vouchers