2 Sept 2017
Moulmein-Cairnhill CSC and Tanjong Pagar-Tiong Bahru CSC are jointly organising the 11th edition of the MacRitchie 6.4 Trail Run 2017 on 2nd September 2017 at MacRitchie Reservoir Park. Runners will can participate in either a 3.2km or 6.4km run depending on the category. There is also a fun walk (3.2km) category for the residents.
Categories and Fees
|Categories||Distance||Early Bird (till 2 Aug 2017)||Normal (3 Aug - 20 Aug 2017)||Flag off time|
|Boy's Junior (11 to 14)||3.2km||S$5||S$5||3.10pm|
|Girl's Junior (11 to 14)||3.2km||S$5||S$5||3.10pm|
|Girl's Senior (15 to 18)||3.2km||S$5||S$5||3.10pm|
|Women's Veteran (Above 36)||3.2km||S$10||S$15||3.10pm|
|Men’s Open (Above 11)||6.4km||S$10||S$15||3.40pm|
|Women’s Open (Above 11)||6.4km||S$10||S$15||3.40pm|
|Men's Veteran (Above 46)||6.4km||S$10||S$15||3.40pm|
|Boy’s Senior (15 to 18)||6.4km||S$5||S$5||3.40pm|
|Resident Fun Run (Above 11)||3.2km||S$2||S$2||4.30pm|
All participants must be at least 11 years old.
- Limited Edition MacRitchie 6.4 Event CompressSport T-Shirt
- MacRitchie 6.4 Finisher's Token
- Customized Race Bib
- CompressSport Drawstring Bag
- Customized Race Bib
Strava Segment: https://www.strava.com/segments/15286052
Race Pack Collection Details
Please note that the identification provided at the race pack collection has to be the same as the one used during registration. For example, if the identification used in the registration form is your passport number, you will be required to bring your passport along when collecting the race pack rather than your NRIC.
You can authorise a representative to collect your race pack on your behalf. The following documents must be presented when the representative is collecting the race pack:
- Race pack collection authorisation form
- Participant’s confirmation slip
- Photocopy of participant’s NRIC
- Photocopy of representative’s NRIC
Rules and Regulations
- The Organisers reserve the right to use any photograph, motion picture, recording, or any other record of this event and its participants for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising and future publicity for the event.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the rules and regulations without prior notification.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the event without any prior notification, in which case, the fees are non-refundable
- Participants must be 11 years and above on race day to participate in the competitive categories.
- Participants in the Male Veteran Category must be 46 years old and above as of race day.
- Participants in the Female Veteran Category must be 36 years old and above as of race day.
- Participants below the age of 18 must seek parental or guardian consent and fill in the relevant indemnity form when registering online. Failing which, The Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to the participant.
- Registration will not be accepted after the closing date.
- Upon successful registration, you are not allowed to change the category that you have registered for.
- All run category registrations are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- The Organisers reserve the right to close registration before the official closing date should participation reach its capacity.
- The Organisers will not be responsible for any dispute arising from incomplete or incorrect information submitted by participants.
- The Organisers reserve the right to limit and refuse entries.
- A confirmation slip will be sent to the participant’s email address after the registration is successfully completed.
- Each participant can only participate in one competitive category.
- The registration will only be completed when full payment is made.
- The actual distance of the respective competitive categories will be subjected to further confirmation with the sanctioning party before the event.
- While every reasonable precaution will be taken by The Organisers to ensure participants' safety, participants are advised to exercise due care and The Organisers shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage, whether personal or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
- The Organisers reserve the right to remove any unattended bags at the event premises for security reasons and will not be responsible for any losses and/or damages to the belongings.
- Only registered participants for the respective categories are allowed access to the Start Point. Runners must wear their assigned participant bibs on the front of their running attire near their chest area at all times during the race. Participants not wearing their assigned participant bibs will be asked to leave the course by event officials and may result in disqualification.
- A participant's failure to observe the Rules and Regulations may result in disqualification.
- A grace period of 15 minutes after the commencement of the run will be given for latecomers. Any participant who reports later than this grace period will not be allowed to participate in the run. For the competitive categories, latecomers should be aware that their race timing commences when the race begins.
- Support vehicles or pacers (other than those officially appointed by The Organisers) are not allowed.
- A participant who protests against another competitor or notifies of violation by a contestant must do so to The Organisers within 30 minutes of the release of the official results. All decisions made by The Organisers shall be final and irrefutable.
- The Organisers reserve the right to stop any participant deemed physically incapable (i.e. severe physical harm) from continuing the race.
- All participants are required to report at the Start Point at least 30 minutes prior to flag-off time.
- A participant must retire from the race immediately if requested by any member of the official medical staff.
- No pets or any form of wheel-run objects or transport, e.g. in-line skates, prams, pushchairs, shoes with rollers etc, are allowed on the course.
- All participants must only wear their assigned participant bib. Transfer of participant bib is strictly not allowed.
- All participants must wear the assigned participant bib at all times during the race
- Participants do not need to return the bib to The Organisers after the race.
- The adopted timing device is the sole means of race timing measurement.
- The Organisers will not be responsible for any inaccuracies in participant’s race timings.
- An identification antenna is embedded in the race bib for competitive participants. The participant’s particulars and timings will be recorded electronically. Participants who fail to bring their participant bib on the event day cannot participate as competitive runners.
- The Organisers will not refund participants who forget to bring their race bib on the race day.
- Participants of the competitive categories are to run through the gantries set up at various points along the route. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
SAFETY & MEDICAL ADVISORY
- Participants are not eligible to participate in any of the competitive categories if they have ticked "Yes" to any of the PAR-Q questions.
- Should any participant feel unwell in the course of the race, he/she should stop and seek immediate medical attention at the designated medical posts.
- Participants should prepare themselves adequately and gradually increase the duration and intensity of their training over several weeks prior to the event.
- Participants should ensure that they are well rested and hydrated prior to the run.
- Participants are advised not to attend the event should they have fever, cough, breathing difficulties or severe muscle ache.
- Participants are advised to consult their medical practitioner to certify them fit to participate in the event.
- Participants who have doubts about their suitability to participate in this event (e.g. those on medication or those who have had recent health conditions) are advised to consult their medical practitioner prior to participation in the event.
- To minimise injuries, always do at least 15 minutes of warm-up/stretching before the start and at the end of training and the run.
- Participants are advised against the consumption of alcohol or stimulants or any kind of drugs within 24 hours of the race.
- Participants are advised to dress lightly for the run.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does registration for the MacRitchie 6.4 start and end?
10 July to Apr to 20 August 2017.
- How do I know which categories am I eligible for?
Your age is determined by your age as of the event day
- How will I know if my registration has been successful?
Participants will receive a confirmation slip via email upon successful registration.
- Do I get a refund if I choose not to participate after registration?
No. All event registrations are non-refundable.
- Can I transfer my event registration if I wish to withdraw from the run?
No. All event registrations are non-transferrable.
- Can I request for a change in my run category after registration?
Participants are strictly not allowed to change their run category after their registration is confirmed.
- Can I change my apparel size after registration?
No. Changes in apparel size(s) are not allowed after you have completed your registration.
ABOUT THE RACE
- Where will the race be held?
The start and end point of the race will be at the MacRitchie Reservoir, near the Zig-Zag Bridge,
- Do I need to fill up any relevant indemnity form and require parental/guardian consent if I’m below the age of 18?
Yes, particpants below the age of 18 on event day are required to seek parental / guardian consent.
- What is the minimum age to participate in the MacRitchie 6.4?
All Competitive races: Participants must be aged 11 and above as at event day.
Resident Fun Run: Participants must be aged 6 years and above as at event day.
- Is the official race result based on gun time or nett time?
All official race results are based on gun time.
ON THE RACE DAY
- Will there be transport provided to the event venue?
No. There will be no transport provided to the event venue. Participants are encouraged to take public transport or park at the MacRitchie Reservoir Car Park
- Is there a baggage deposit area?
No. Participants are advised to travel light.
- Can I bring my baby in the stroller without registering my child for the race?
No, only registered participants who wear their participant bibs will be allowed into the start area and along the running route.
- Can I use roller blades, skateboards, bicycles, motorcycles, cars, bus etc… to get from point to point?
This is a trail race. No form of assistance, both motorised or un-motorised, will be permitted
- Will there be route closures?
No, the route will still open to other trail runners/joggers. Participants are advised to exercise due caution when running on the trails.
- Are dogs permitted?
No dogs or animals will be allowed into the starting area.
- What is the start pen open for the various categories?
The starting pen will open 30 mins and close 10 mins before each respective flag-off
- Is there a cut-off timing?
The race will officially be complete by 5:30 pm, or whenever the last participant returns from the run, whichever is earlier.
- What if I am injured during the race or otherwise unable to finish the race?
Please approach the nearest first aiders deployed along the route. Participants who require immediate medical attention may alert the route marshals.
- Will I get my race timing?
Yes. All participants in the competitive categories will get their nett timing. Prize winners are determined based on gun time. These will be available via the event website after the event.
Organiser and Partners
|Official Digital Partner
Tanjong Pagar CC - 6221 9898 (Glenn)