8 MAR 2015
Tanjong Pagar Rail Station
After the sold-out success of previous years, the Green Corridor Run 2015 will be held in conjunction with Singapore’s World Water Day celebrations and promises be the most exciting Green Corridor Run so far!
Held along one of the most interesting and beautiful stretches of natural land in Singapore, the 10.5km course starts at the historic Tanjong Pagar Rail Station and winds its way along the green corridor to finish at the old Bukit Timah Rail Station.
The ‘Green Corridor’ is an uninterrupted stretch of greenery and woodlands that runs the entire length of Singapore, from the old Tanjong Pagar Rail Station in the south to the border of Malaysia in the north. Once the beginning of a rail network that was planned to extend all the way to Russia, this incredible stretch of ecological and culturally significant land has been re-surfaced to allow the community access to a ‘Green Corridor’ through the city.
New in 2015
In an exciting development for the race, The Green Corridor Run 2015 will be held in conjunction with Singapore’s World Water Day celebrations. World Water Day (WWD) started as a United Nations initiative to focus attention on the 768 million people who lack access to fresh drinking water and sanitation. WWD also advocates for the sustainable management of freshwater resources. To help raise awareness, we have launched a new category within the race, known as the Water Challenge – this is unlike anything else in Singapore and will allow you to experience first-hand what it is like for 44% of the world’s population that have to walk large distances to fetch clean water for their families daily use. Find out more about this category here (hyperlink coming soon).
We invite everyone, from serious runners to nature lovers to enjoy this race and experience a part of Singapore that very few have. Please note that the number of entrants is limited, so please register early to avoid missing out on your spot. Like us on Facebook to be kept up to date with race announcements.
Enter the Green Corridor Run and you’ll forget you’re in the middle of the city!
|SUPER Early Bird (Limited number, announced via Facebook Page||$43|
|Early Bird (Before 31/12/2014)||$49|
The Water Challenge is a NEW non-competitive category within the Green Corridor Run. As the 2015 race is being held in conjunction with Singapore’s World Water Day celebrations, we are encouraging you to experience what it is like for 44% of the world’s population that have to walk large distances to fetch clean water for safe drinking and domestic uses.
How does it work?
- Fill your recycled bucket/jerry can full of water at the start area. We recommend carrying 3-5 litres depending on your fitness and strength. You are welcome to carry more or less.
- Carry your bucket/jerry can from the start to the finish line of the Green Corridor Run course (10.5km) and pour your water into the ceremonial well at the finish area.
- For every litre that is poured into the ceremonial well at the finish area, we will donate $1 to charity: water.
- charity: water is a non-profit organisation that will use the funds to bring clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries through sustainable water projects.
- The Water Challenge will use raw water (or an equivalent) which will be recycled after it is carried. Register Now
Note: The Water Challenge is a special category of the Green Corridor Run that will be started as the 4th wave. Start waves 1, 2 & 3 will be dedicated to our normal running race categories.